Posted April 10, 2019 09:00:09A new ad agency, WME-IMG, is the latest in a string of major brands that have cut ties to a controversial ad agency after a series of sexual harassment allegations surfaced.
The news comes after a New York Times report detailing claims of sexual assault, assault, and harassment against the agency by two former employees and other people in the entertainment industry.
The agency had been working with former “Saturday Night Live” cast member Leslie Jones and “SNL” alum Billy Crystal to promote the 2018 football season.
The Times article also revealed the agency was paid $1 million to advertise a new, high-end, luxury suite for “The Apprentice.”
It was reported the agency, which had been on the client list for the show, paid for the suite, a pool, and a private jet.
“While we’re saddened by the allegations of misconduct, the experience of working with WME has been an incredibly valuable one for all involved, including the clients we’ve worked with,” said Michael B. Katz, head of WME’s global brand and commercial business, in a statement to ABC News.
The Associated Press reports the agency had a contract with the NFL to produce the “Advance Ticket” commercial, but it was suspended after allegations surfaced of sexual misconduct.
The network has yet to comment on the matter.
The NFL says the agency is currently “conducting an internal investigation” but did not provide further details.